National Waste Account snapshot
Experimental estimates for 2018–19
- The account now provides estimates for 2016–17, 2017–18 and 2018–19. Selected findings for 2018–19 only are shown here.
- The figure for ‘employees’ refers to direct employment in the waste collection, treatment & disposal services sector only.
- 'recycled onshore' refers to waste collected for onshore recycling by the Waste collection, treatment and disposal industry.
- 1 kilotonne (kt) = 1,000 tonnes (t).
- 1 megatonne (Mt) = 1,000,000 tonnes (t).
Access the accounts
Consultation and Feedback
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment welcome feedback on the experimental account. Questions regarding the methods and approaches to calculating the information should be directed to the ABS.